Veggie Mac & Cheese~
Homemade macaroni and cheese served with fresh vegetables in just 15 minutes; light, cheesy and simply delicious. With this easy mac & cheese recipe you'll never do boxed again.
- 12 ounces of your favorite pasta
- 12 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese*, shredded fine
- 4 Tablespoons butter*
- 1 cup milk*
- 2 ears of corn*, remove corn from cob, uncooked
- 2 small zuccini squash*, sliced to about ¼" thick and halved
- 2 small summer squash*, sliced to about ¼" thick and halved
- 1 small Vidala onion*, diced fine
- 2 slices Pepperidge Farms15 grain bread*, toasted golden brown, cubed (croutons)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Strain and immediately add butter, cheese and milk, stirring well over low heat until cheese is completely melted and mixed in, approximately 1 minute; remove from heat.
- In well oiled skillet add onion, zuccini and summer squash. Stir fry just a few minutes until squash is tender and bright. Remove from skillet and add freshly husked (raw) corn; toss well.
- To serve, scoop sqaush mixture onto plate, add macaroni and cheese and dress with croutons.
You can also find this recipe at the following linky parties: The Gathering Spot, Hearth and Soul Hop, Titus2Tuesday, Tuesday Garden Party, and Homemaking Link-up.