Tomato & Corn Pasta~
This recipe is from Lisa Foppema's kitchen and has farm fresh written all over it. It can be served hot or cold and will make a hearty meal for 4.
Author: Lisa Foppema
- 12 ounces pasta, your preference
- 1 garlic clove*, pressed
- 2 shallots*, sliced
- 4 ears of corn*, removed from the cob
- 16 ounces Mozzarella*, cubed
- 10 large tomatoes*, skinned, chopped
- olive oil*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to directions. Strain and set aside.
- To remove tomato skins: ¾ fill pan with water and bring to boil. Place tomatoes in boiling water for approximately 1 minute, remove and cool with ice or cold water. Peels will easily be removed with fingers. Use a knife to remove any spots or defects. Place in bowl and set aside.
- In large oiled saucepan, stir-fry shallots and garlic until tender. Then add corn. Cook until corn turns bright yellow. Add tomatoes and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to sauce mix, and stir in mozzarella cheese. Top with basil, salt & pepper to taste and serve.
This post has joined the following linky parties: Tuesday with a Twist, Tuesday Garden Party, The Gathering Spot, Titus 2 Tuesday, and Homemaking Link-up.