Swiss Chard with Sesame Seeds~
Swiss chard just became your favorite vegetable. This recipe could not be simpler and yet it makes for the most delicious Swiss chard. Serve alone or as a side.
Author: Annie Mahle, Down East Magazine, August 31, 2013
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (or exchange for coconut oil*)
- 2 cups sliced onions* approximately 1 large
- 1 bunch Swiss chard* approximately 6 cups
- 3 pinches salt, optional
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds*
- Wash Swiss chard and drain well.
- Remove chard stems from leaves and chop to approximately ½" pieces.
- Heat wok or skillet on high. Add oil to coat pan. Add onions and stir-fry until tender and carmelized, about 1 minute. Add chard stem and cook for another minute; sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt (optional). Add chard leaves and cook for another minute until leaves are tender but still bright green. Serve as a side or over a bed of rice.