Summer Southwest Chili~
This recipe is quick to make and delicious. The perfect chili for summer. Top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, avocado and a little crushed pepper to bring it all to the next level.
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 17 ounce jar FF Medium Salsa Verde*
- 2 cups stock, Mrs Miller's soup base*, may substitute with stock
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 2 cups assorted cherry like tomatoes*, cut in halves and quarters
- 1 pound meat ( chicken, pork, or beef), cooked
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin*
- 1 small bunch cilantro or parsley*, chopped fine
- 1 avocado*, pitted and sliced
- sour cream*, to taste
- hot crushed pepper, to taste
- Open and rinse black beans.
- In large saucepan add FF Salsa Verde and cook until hot (approx 3-5 minutes).
- Add meat, soup base, beans, tomatoes and cumin.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro, sour cream, avocado and a little crushed hot pepper to bring it all to the next level. Rice compliments this dish very well.