Strawberry Nut Bread or Muffins~
This is a delicious bread that is easy to make and store for future use. A great way to prolong the flavors of Spring. Simply bake, wrap and store in the freezer until you are ready to use.
Serves: 1 Loaf
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon*
- ¾ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter*, softened
- 2 eggs*
- ½ cup sour cream*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh strawberries*, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine first five ingredients and set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter until fluffy and add eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- Gently add in dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in berries and nuts.
- Pour in greased loaf pan or muffin pan. Bread bakes for approximately 60 minutes; muffins about 30. Test with toothpick to be sure center is cooked.