This squash is delicious and versatile. Use it in pies, soup, as a spaghetti substitute, or let it stand alone as a side dish. It is simple to prepare and will compliment and recipe or dish.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Place medium size pan with water on stove to boil.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
- When water is at a full boil, add the two halves of squash and cook for approximately 30 minutes (until tender). Remove from water and let cool in a colander with the cut side down to drain off extra water.
- When cooled, use a fork to scrape out the inside.
- You will notice it has a stringy, spaghetti like appearance.
- Serve topped with your favorite spaghetti or Alfredo sauce, stir-fried veggies, meat gravy, or just eat it plain with butter, salt and pepper.