South of the Border Salad~
This is a hearty salad that can easily be dinner for two with the addition of rice or a baked potato. A great salad to take to any get together.
- ¼ pound hamburg
- ¼ onion, diced*
- ¼ cup red pepper*
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small clove of garlic*
- 1 pinch Oregano*
- 1 pinch cumin seed*
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- ½ ear of corn*, cut from cob
- ½ avacado*, cubed
- ⅓ cup black beans
- ½ tomato*, cubed
- 5 slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cut into small thin strips
- 1 large pinch cilantro*, chopped
- 1 large pinch lettuce*
- 1 Handful of blue corn chips
- In skillet stir-fry oil, hamburg, onions, garlic and peppers until cooked; add oregano and cumin seed, set aside to cool.
- In wide mouthed canning jar add balsamic vinegar, cooled hamburg mixture, then remaining ingredients except corn chips.
- To serve, spread corn chips on plate and then empty contents of canning jar on top. Rather than traditional salad dressing you might try sour cream or gaucamole on top.
This post can also be found at the following Linky parties: The Gathering Spot, Hearth and Soul Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, and Titus 2 Tuesdays.