Shepherd's Pie with Brie Mashed Potatoes~
Brie is a soft French cheese that is smooth and creamy in texture. It adds a mild but distinct flavor that compliments this pie.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 large onion*, diced
- 3 ears of corn*
- 4-5 large red potatoes*, with peels, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter*
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place cut potatoes into medium size pan, cover with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In skillet, cook ground beef with onion over medium heat until well done, then scoop into 2 quart casserole dish, covering bottom. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In large bowl, remove corn from cob and add corn to top of ground beef and onions.
- Remove potatoes from heat and drain; add butter, cubed Brie cheese, and enough milk to make smooth mashed potatoes. Mash well. With spatula smooth mashed potatoes over the top of the corn and place in oven. Bake uncovered for approximately 25 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
This post can be found at the following linky parties: Real Foods Wednesdays and Gluten Free Wednesday.