Pumpkin Custard with Toffee~
This custard has a traditonal pumpkin pie flavor and the toffee topping is a perfect match. Served warm or cold it is simply delicious.
- ½ small pumpkin*, cooked
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot*
- ½ stick of butter*
- 4 egg*yolks
- ½ teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon cinnimon*
- 1 teaspoon ginger*
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon allspice*
- Place halved pumpkin in microwave and cook approximately 20 minutes until tender. Cool, then remove pumpkin from shell with a fork. With an immersion blender pulverise the pumpkin until smooth.
- In medium sauce pan add butter, milk, rum flavoring and begin heating at medium heat.
- In seperate bowl, beat egg yolks and slowly add to warming milk mixture stirring well.
- In another bowl, mix sugar and arrowroot and put to side.
- When milk mixture is almost at a boil add pumpkin and bring temperature up again.
- Add sugar mixture whisking it to prevent lumps.
- Be prepared that it thickens quickly.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Click here for, How to Make Toffee.