Fish and Vegetable Green Curry~
I love curries made with coconut milk. It lends itself to every imaginable vegetable making them exotic and sweet. Though I have selected specific vegetables for this recipe feel free to change them out for the ones you prefer. There are no rules, so personalize this dish and make it yours.
Serves: 4 servings
- 11/2 pounds of fish, recommend haddock, cod or sea bass
- ½ cauliflower*, sliced to bite size
- 1 handful of green beans*, tops removed
- 1 carrot*, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 eggplant, small, sliced thin
- 1 pepper*, hot or sweet, cut in large chunks
- 1 zucchini squash*, sliced thin
- 1 yellow squash*, sliced thin
- 1 quart cherry like tomatoes*, halved
- 1 basil*, large bunch, stems removed
- coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1- 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk, your preference
- 1- 4 ounce green curry paste
- Place fish in a baking pan and bake at 300 degrees until flaky.
- While fish is cooking, add to skillet coconut oil, cauliflower, green beans and carrots. While cooking at medium heat prep the pepper, eggplant, squash and add to skillet.
- When vegetables are tender add coconut milk. When the milk is hot add 4 heaping tablespoons of green curry paste mixing in thoroughly.
- Next add the tomatoes and basil cooking until basil is wilted.
- Last, add the fish, gently mixing into vegetables leaving large chunks, and sprinkle with peanuts.
- Let rest for about 20 minutes and serve with rice.