Home-made applesauce in 10 minutes or less. Really, it's so easy you will never want to buy applesauce again and the flavor of freshly made cannot be beat.
- 4 apples( your choice)*, cored and pared
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place apples with peels, water and lemon juice in sauce pan and cook until apples are soft and tender. Cool for a few minutes.
- With an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Sweetening is not necessary, however if you prefer a sweeter sauce be aware it sweetens up quickly.
- Refrigerate until needed. Should store 2 weeks in an air tight container.
- Tips and Ideas
- Cinnamon can be added to taste.
- Fresh or dried mint leaves can be added to give the applesauce a minty flavor to serve with lamb.
- Fresh ginger will give it a hot spicy flavor.
- Add one apple for each addition serving required; no extra water needed.
- Using different varieties of apples can make the the flavor of the sauce rich and full.