Colossal Eggplant Burger~
What a fantastic time of year. The harvest is ripe and we are blessed with an abundance of fruits and vegetables fresh and ready to eat. This Colossal Eggplant Burger is a simple reminder of the many things you can do with this one wonderful vegetable called eggplant.
- 1 eggplant*, sliced to ½ inches circles
- 1 onion*, sliced thin to medium
- 1 pepper*, hot or sweet, cut in half with seeds removed
- 1 Swiss chard*, kale* or lettuce* your choice
- 1 tomato
- 1 bread*, your favorite
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil*
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's liquid aminos (substitute with soy sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic*
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and Bragg's liquid aminos. Add eggplant and mix until thoroughly coated with mixture and let set.
- To skillet add onions and pepper and cook until tender. Set aside.
- Toast bread.
- Place eggplant rounds on the grill at approximately 300 degrees. After approximately 5 minutes turn and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place bread on plate and add Swiss chard, eggplant, tomato slice, onion, pepper, and top with bread.
- Serve with root fries and enjoy!