Chunky Vegetable & Chicken Stir-Fry~
Farm fresh chunky cut vegetables, stir-fried until tender and finished with an Asian style sauce make this recipe full of flavor and popping with color. The added chicken makes for an easy to prepare complete meal.
- 4 servings of chicken breast, grilled
- 1 Vadalia onion*
- 1 red pepper*
- 1 green pepper*
- 1 zuccini squash*
- 1 summer squash*
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 2 cloves of garlic*, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill chicken breasts and put aside.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed garlic, sherry, soy sauce, sesame seed oil and brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- In well oiled wok or large skillet, add onions, peppers and squash. At Medium heat cook until vegetables are bright in color and tender; then add water chestnuts. Immediately add sauce mixture and stir well. Remove from heat.
- To serve: Place vegetable mixture on plate and add sliced chicken to the top.
This recipe has been posted at the following linky parties: The Homestead Blog Hop, Homemade Mondays, and Meandering Mondays.