Chicken Chow Mein~
Fresh Mung bean sprouts and green celery take this Chinese restaurant style Chow Mein up a notch in flavor. Serve with rice, plain or fried to create a complete meal.
- 1 cup Mung bean sprouts
- 2 cups celery*, thinly sliced at an extreme angle
- 2 medium onions* thinly sliced
- 1 cup stock, chicken, beef, or vegetable
- ½ pound chicken
- 3 tablespoons oil, peanut or vegetable
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot*
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large skillet or wok, add oil and chicken and stir fry until cooked.
- Add stock, celery and onions and cook until tender, approximately 15 minutes at medium heat. Celery can retain some crispness.
- Add Mung beans and stir well.
- Move the vegetable mixture to one side to release the stock.
- Add arrowroot and wisk until it thickens lightly.
- Mix vegetable mixture and gravy together, remove from heat and place in a covered dish.