If cauliflower has had you bored and uninspired then prepare to be surprised. This skillet fried option takes cauliflower from drab to fab with added vegetables and cheddar cheese sauce. Prepare as a meal or side dish.
- 1 cauliflower*, small/ medium, sliced from floret down about ¼" - ½" thick
- 2 heirloom tomatoes*, sliced
- 1 corn on the cob*, steamed, husked
- 1 sweet red pepper*, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil*
- 1 clove of garlic*, large, pressed
- For Cheddar Cheese sauce:
- 1.5 ounces cheddar cheese*, sharp, shredded
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup 1% milk*, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- On large serving dish place sliced tomatoes.
- Steam corn, cool and husk.
- Slice cauliflower.
- Preheat skillet (i used cast Iron) on low heat and add oil and garlic. Place sliced cauliflower on skillet and cook until golden brown and then turn. When finished, place cauliflower steaks on top of tomatoes on serving plate; add corn and red peppers to top.
- Prepare Cheddar Cheese Sauce according to instructions.
- Drizzle cheese sauce on top or pour in gravy dish to be served individually.