- 2 cups cauliflower*, grated fine
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese*, grated
- 2 eggs*
- Set oven at 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, add all ingredients and mix well with your hand until you can form a ball.
- Cut parchment paper to cover the bottom of your pan.
- Place dough on pan and press out with your hand to make a thin crust. The thicker the crust the longer it will take to cook.
- Place in oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until you see a little browning of the edges.
- Cut another piece of parchment. Remove crust from oven. Holding the parchment paper that the crust is on, gently flip crust on to new parchment and return to oven for about 5-10 minutes. This will brown both sides.
- Remove from oven, leaving on pan. Add toppings and place back in oven until toppings are cooked.
Some notes concerning the Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
Watch carefully, but this crust does take a while to cook. I am sure this is because the cauliflower is raw. However, I have tried cooked cauliflower recipes and they were not good.
When cooked, this crust is soft and pliable and you can handle it easily. It does not crumble in your hands.
You may want to add granulated garlic and Italian seasoning to the crust to take it up a notch.
This is a great recipe to make ahead (maybe several) and store in the freezer. This way you can make your pizza in minutes. Just take out your frozen crust, add your toppings, and bake.
I cut all my toppings very thin as I did not want to dry out the crust, however another option would be to precook the toppings and mound them on.