Carrot and Quinoa Sprout Salad~
Sweet tea is a Southern classic added to everything imaginable. In this salad, it brings a delicate sweet flavor that offsets the tartness of the raisins . Delicious!
- 4 carrots*
- ½ cup regular tea, brewed
- ½ orange*, freshly squeezed for juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup*
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup Quinoa (Ke- nwa) sprouts
- In large bowl, grate carrots and put aside.
- Brew ½ cup of tea using 1 tea bag. Pour into medium size bowl; add the juice of ½ orange, vinegar, olive oil, Maple syrup, raisins, pumpkin seeds, Walnuts, and Quinoa sprouts and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over carrots and toss until mixed together well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, mixing occasionally. Serve cold.