Caribbean Corn Muffins~
These Caribbean Corn Muffins are sweet, moist and fruity with a hint of coconut and are great for breakfast or to serve with your evening meal.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups cornmeal
- ½ cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated fine
- 1 can (12 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare large size muffin pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and mix lightly but well.
- With a large ice cream scoop, place one scoop of batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes, until golden brown and wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set for 5 minutes, remove from pan and let cool.
In the recipe, I created a link to show you a good quality coconut milk, however this product is less expensive in the grocery store.