Butternut Squash Stir-Fry~
This recipe has the taste of a mild Thai curry. The winter squash gives it an extra rich flavor. Can be served as a side or as the meal alone.
Author: 1000 Classic Recipes for Every Cook 2002
- 2 pounds butternut squash*, peeled, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion*, cut in ½ and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic*, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander*
- 2 tablespoons cilantro*, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin*
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ cup cashews
- If you do not like cilantro and coriander you can substitute as follows: (shown in above photo)
- ½ cup fresh basil*, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley*, dried
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Heat wok or skillet. Then add peanut oil, butternut squash, onion and garlic. Stir and fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fresh cilantro or the substitute fresh basil, cumin and dried parsley.
- Pour in coconut milk and let boil until butternut squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Add cashews, mix in evenly and transfer to serving dish with lid. Serve hot.
- Classic Recipes for Every Cook 2002
- Meat Lovers
- Add chicken, approximately ½ pound to the wok or skillet along with the butternut squash and make this a complete meal for two.