Buttered Brussels Sprouts~
What a delicious time of year. Everything is coming in all at once and Foppema's Farm Stand is full of fresh vegetable selections to tempt your palate. If you haven't tried Brussels Sprouts before or maybe you have and didn't like them, then simply try them again with this simple recipe and fall in love.
- 1 quart Brussels Sprouts*
- 1 medium Onion*, diced fine
- ½ stick of butter*
- Wash Brussels Sprouts. Place in small pan, add water and steam until almost tender.
- Remove from pan and place Brussels Sprouts on paper towel to cool and dry.
- Slice Brussels Sprouts in half.
- In skillet or wok add butter; melt and add onions. Cook onions on medium heat until well wilted but not browned.
- Add Brussels Sprouts and fry for about 4 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Serve and enjoy!