Armenian Style Green Beans~
Another great recipe from Elsie. This is truly a recipe you have to try. The punch in this recipe is the Oregano. It was absolutely a winner at our dinner table.
Author: Elsie the Cow & Harry Botsford
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 cup onion*, finely diced
- ¼ cup oil*
- 1 pound green beans*, trimmed and sliced in half.
- 1 cup tomatoes*, cooked or canned
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon oregano*
- salt and pepper to taste
- As with every recipe I have a few deviations. No big ones here but just to note. I did not cut my beans in half but would like to try that next time. I think many different cuts would work well with this recipe. I also used my own crushed red pepper instead of black pepper and was very pleased with the added spiciness.
- Saute onion in oil until tender but not brown.
- Add prepared beans and remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Do not let it come to a boil so the beans will retain their crispness.