Applesauce Bran Muffins~
This is one of our family's favorite muffins. A great way to use leftover applesauce!
Author: Theresa Millang, THE JOY OF APPLES
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1¼ cups bran cereal (not flakes)
- ⅔ cup *whole milk
- ⅔ cup *applesauce
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup *butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup cup all purpose flour
- 1 *apple, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, mix milk and bran together and let soak 10 minutes. Add applesauce, vanilla, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and melted butter, stirring into bran mixture. Fold in chopped apple.
- Scoop into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.