Insalata con Peche~
A delicious light salad that combines the sweetness of the peaches with the saltiness of the prosciutto, the creamy flavor of the Mozzarella, and the tartness of the dressing.
Author: Chef Tracy Lamothe, Riva's Trattoria Southern Living July 2011
- 1 (6 ounce) spring mix lettuce*or other lettuce/ greens
- 1 (16 ounce) package of Mozzarella cheese*, fresh, sliced
- 2 peaches, large, fresh, ripe, sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves*, fresh
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon* juice, freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper*, freshly ground
- Place greens on 4 plates. Top with Mozzarella, peaches and prosciutto; sprinkle with thyme.
- In bowl, whisk lemon juice into olive oil until blended; add salt and pepper and drizzle over salad.