Agrodolce is a traditional Italian sweet and sour sauce. This peach Agrodolce compliments the pork so perfectly you will be delighted.
Author: Chef Hugh Acheson, five and ten Southern Living July
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons tawny port wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley*, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vingar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil*
- 2 peaches*, fresh, peeled and diced to about 1" pieces
- salt and freshly ground pepper*
- Cook raisins, port wine and 2 tablespoons water in small sauce pan at medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and wisk in parsley, vinegar and oil; add peaches, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 porterhouse chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper*, freshly ground
- Peach Agrodolce
- Grill Porterhouse chops until 150º in center.
- Place on platter and top with Agrodolce sauce.